Based in Rochester, NY
4 December, 2018
Crazy Platez is a high-octane, Rochester-themed, casual arcade mobile game, inspired by games like Grand Theft Auto 1 and Crazy Taxi. Racing against the clock (or in this case, your car’s gas tank!), players must crash their way through narrow streets to pick up and deliver “platez” before you run out of time. Crazy Platez is inspired by our hometown, Rochester, NY, where the “Garbage Plate” is a local delicacy.
Aesthetician Labs began developing Crazy Platez in August of 2017, prototyping it for 48 hours for ROC Game Dev's Rochester-themed game jam. After showing at multiple games events and gaining a following in the local community, Crazy Platez went on to win first place in the student category of the New York State Game Dev Challenge in April of 2018. Since, the team has entered incubation at the Rochester Institute of Technology and continued showing at events on both the local and national levels. Based in Rochester, New York, Aesthetician Labs is a games collective founded by Aidan Markham, Noah Ratcliff, and Sam Cammarata. Crazy Platez is Aesthetician's debut title.
- Deliver as fast as you can to get better tips from customers!
- Spend tips to unlock new skins for your car!
- Engage in exciting, challenging gameplay!
- Crash into buildings like you can't in your own, real life car!
- Fall in love with a crazy deserted city eerily similar to Rochester, NY!
Gameplay Trailer Vimeo
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "New York State Game Dev Challenge, First Place Winner, Student Category." The Strong National Museum of Play, April 12, 2018
- "RIT MAGIC Spell Studios Incubator Program, Accepted Group." RIT MAGIC Center, August 31, 2018
About Aesthetician Labs
Based in Rochester, New York, Aesthetician Labs is a games collective founded in July 2018 by Rochester Institute of Technology students, Aidan Markham, Noah Ratcliff, and Sam Cammarata.
Crazy Platez Credits
Technical Artist & Designer
Lead Programmer & Designer
Web & Visual Design Consulting, Freelancer